Arrive for rehearsal at 1.00pm
Draft Programme for March 21st, Wendover.
The World Around Us.
You Are the New Day
*For the Beauty of the Earth
Soloists – Elspeth Hannen and Greg Bealing
Wide Open Spaces
The Lord is my Shepherd
This Little Light – Amen
Rain Song – guest percussionist, Jack Izard
Bridge Over Troubled Water
*You Raise Me Up
Those marked * – from memory please, wherever possible. (Not a resigning issue!)
From Dave Watson
Some notes with regards to our upcoming concert in Wendover Saturday 21 March . For circulation to the choir and web site.
1. Church Location and Parking.
St Mary’s Church is on Church Lane, post Code HP22 6NL, it is a right turn off London Road coming from Amersham. (Signposted Wendover). About 300m after the roundabout on A413.
Parking for the audience;On the afternoon of the concert, Church Lane will be one way and will be the entrance road for access to the church and for on road parking along the left hand side of Church Lane both before and after the church.There will be no parking on the corner of Church Lane. The one way traffic flow and parking along this road will be marshalled by Lindengate volunteers with high vis jackets. They will be in position from around 1.30 There is limited parking at the church– maybe 10 cars– and on the day this will be reserved for disabled parking/drop offs. This will also be marshalled.
Parking for choir members:Two junctions further along the London Road, which come close together –passed Chapel Lane–is Witchell Close. Immediately on the right (corner of London Road) is the car park for the cricket club. This is just before a new bock of flats which previously was a petrol station.. We have permission to use this car park and it has capacity for more than 35 cars although it is also used by locals as a public car park . This will also be marshalled to ensure that we “park pretty”. We would like most of the mobile choir members and volunteers to park here so that parking on Church lane is reserved for the audience. From here it is around a 300/400m walk along the road–you can turn first left along Chapel Lane turning right at the bottom for a footpath to the church.
2. We have the church booked from 12.00 but will need a working party from 12.30 to set up the chairs for the choir, keyboard, speaker etc plus tables for refreshments..
3. The rehearsal will start at 1.00pm and last for around 45 mins. We do have a green room upstairs at the church for changing and storage if required.
You might like to come mostly ready in uniform. Please be back ready for the concert no later than 2.45. Its about 10/15 mins walk each way to the town.
4. After the rehearsal we will have use of the kitchen with mugs/plates kettle for those who want to eat lunch–please bring whatever you want including beverages.
5.There will be wine, nibbles, juice, water at the interval. We are looking for a volunteer to help buy the wine,other drinks and nibbles for this concert–to share the load amongst the team. Please speak with Roger or myself as soon as possible to help with this.
6. There will be a silent raffle organised by Lindengate volunteers with tickets on sale at the door. Prizes to be collected at the end of the concert.
We seriously need some more contributions from choir members. So please help us with this. Contributions to me(DW).
Please also bring some money to buy raffle tickets!
7. There will be a bucket collection at the end of the concert organised by Lindengate volunteers. More money!
8. Ticket sales will now be handled by David Fishley–not Bruno. Its really important, please, that you buy tickets in advance so that we have some indication
of how many to cater for with refreshments and seating in the church. Also we do have a great programme of music to perform as well as amazing soloists.
If you have any questions not addressed here please let me know.
ps. Could all those with glasses please bring them directly to the church and also double check that they are clean/dust free.